Have you ever visited a website that you couldn’t read for some reason? Maybe the font size was too small, or too hard to read, or the colour faded into the background.
We can all spot this easily on someone else’s website but it’s not so easy to see this on our own website which is why I created this visual audit.
I’ve seen some DIY websites where I know that the owner has spent a lot of time trying to get things right. However following lots of tweaks and changes the website is now confusing, but the owner doesn’t realise.
When you order the report I’ll ask you the following info:
- your website URL (so I know which website I’m checking)
- your ideal client (so I have an idea of the kind of person you want to appeal to)
- your call to action (what you want people to do when they visit your website)
- how you wish to be contacted by your ideal clients (I want to make sure that this is clear for them)
- what you want people to do on your website (this could be download a freebie, call you etc. )
Once I have a good idea who you’re attracting and want you’re trying to do then, and only then, I’ll take a look at your website.
I’ll go through my checklist which includes:
- is your website responsive (can it be seen on mobile devices)?
- is it clear what you want your visitors to do?
- where are your products / services on your website?
- how can your visitors contact you? How easy is it to find that info?
- what are the benefits of your services / products
- can the text on your website be easily read?
- do the colours reflect your ideal client?
- what’s in the footer of your website?
- do you have a security (SSL) certificate? If so, is it working? If not this can show an error in the browser your visitor is using
- and more….
As a website designer I know that you’ve spent time and money on your website and I want to make sure that it’s serving you the best way it can.
I produce a simple to understand report that details what I’ve seen and any suggestions that can improve your website.
I know that you are trying to be the best you can be, and I want your website to be doing the same!